Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Are you a lighthouse?

I love lighthouses. We saw a lot of them on our trip to Canada: off the coast of Maine, at the Bay of Fundy, on Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. Whenever I see a lighthouse I'm reminded that we are called to be lights to the world. Some day I want to go make a tour of the lighthouses in Wisconsin on Lakes Michigan and Superior. I read somewhere that they have more lighthouses than anywhere else. I think of the angels and saints as lighthouses. Maybe I will never be a lighthouse, but perhaps I can be a candle or a flashlight. Remember that darkness isn't something; it's the absence of light, a negative that can be driven off by simply lighting a match.

Think how bright the world would be if each of us took seriously Christ's admonition to be lights to the world. Every time we see a lighthouse let it remind us to be lights to the world and then shine, shine, shine!





No comments:

Post a Comment